Delivering quality training sessions
designed to suit your business
COURSE: HR for non-HR Managers
COURSE LENGTH: 1 day
IDEAL FOR: Non HR Managers
This programme gives an overview of the key HR aspects required to be a good manager – starting with the key principles of good recruitment, through to terminating someone’s employment. In order to be an effective manager, a basic understanding of HR processes is needed, to ensure that you stay within the law. The aim of this course is not to create experts, or to remove the need for HR functions, but to provide managers with knowledge to enhance their day to day roles.
Who is this course aimed at?
Non HR Managers
How long does the course last?
What topics are covered?
- Introduction to Employment Law
- The Equality Act
- Using Person Specifications and Job Descriptions to support effective recruitment
- Using competency based questions in interview
- Managing under-performance and inappropriate behaviours
- Managing absence
- Discipline and grievance procedures
- Overview of the Employment Tribunal System
What will I learn?
You will gain an overview of some of the key areas of HR which will help you to be a good manager and enhance your general management skills.
Call 07808 722 414