Mentoring Skills Course
COURSE LENGTH: 2 Days
IDEAL FOR: Anyone who will be mentoring others in the organisation
Mentors are a great way to offer to support to people within the organisation – particularly for those new to the business, helping them to settle in quickly. We will identify the skills required to become a mentor during this programme, looking at the best practice process for effective mentoring and how this can be used in your organisation. This is a practical programme which will train people to become mentors, allowing them the opportunity to go back to the workplace and practice these skills.
Who is this course aimed at?
Anyone who will be mentoring others in the organisation
How long does the course last?
2 days (with a break of 3 weeks between them to allow for practice)
What topics are covered?
- What is mentoring and how it differs from other forms of development
- The skills of an effective mentor
- Best practice mentoring process
- Stages of learning and learning styles
- Building rapport with your mentee
- Overcoming barriers
- Planning a mentoring session
- Effective communication in a mentoring session
- Practice session – mentoring each other
- Delegates will have the opportunity to go back to the workplace and mentor an individual, then reflect on their experience on the 2nd day
What will I learn?
By the end of this programme, delegates will be able to mentor others within their organisation having developed the skills and techniques required to be a good mentor.
Call 07808 722 414